There are various features in Windows10 provided by Microsoft which don’t have a proper explanation or functions, similarly Send a Smile or Send a frown is a feature in Internet Explorer which makes no sense. Send a smile is a feedback button which users can use to send feedback about Internet Explorer issues. Still, unless Microsoft explains what it wants feedback about, it’s just a useless and annoying feature. Send a Smile or Send a Frown is located in the Internet Explorer toolbar at the top right corner.
Remove Send a Smile button from Internet Explorer
create a restore point just in case something goes wrong.
Method 1: Remove Send a Smile button using Registry Editor
1. Press Windows Key + R then type regedit and hit Enter to open Registry.
2. Navigate to the following registry key:
3. Right-click on Microsoft then selects New > Key.
4. Name this new key as Restrictions and hit Enter.
5. Now right-click on Restrictions key and select New > DWORD (32-bit) value.
6. Name this DWORD as NoHelpItemSendFeedback and hit Enter.
7. Double-click on NoHelpItemSendFeedback and set it’s value to 1 then click OK.
8. Reboot your PC to save changes, and this would Remove Send a Smile button from Internet Explorer.
Method 2: Remove Send a Smile button using Group Policy Editor
1. Press Windows key + R then type gpedit.msc and hit Enter.
2. Navigate to the following path inside Group Policy Editor:
User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Internet Explorer > Browser menus
3. Select Browser menus than in the right window pane double-click on “Help menu: Remove ‘Send Feedback’ menu option“.
4. Set this policy to Enabled then click Apply followed by OK.
5. Reboot your PC to save changes.
- Fix Desktop Background Changes Automatically in Windows 10
- Fix Thumbnail Previews not showing in Windows 10
- How to Fix Windows Update Error 0x80070026
- Fix Windows Update Error 0x80070020
That’s it you have successfully Remove Send a Smile button from Internet Explorer but if you still have any questions regarding this post then feel free to ask them in the comment’s section.